Saturday, August 21, 2010

vaykay in my country part 4: stuck in my country...

aug 17

well. my flight was on the 15th. which means i should be in toronto by now right? wrong.

apparently i'm stuck here in my country because i refused to pay $50 to process my travel documents to replace my lost Permanent Resident Card to be able to fly back to canadia. sooo i was supposed to fly at 2pm from here to taipei. and on that very day at around 1pm i was at the baggage counter when they asked me for my canadian visa. 
i told them i'm a permanent resident there, but unfortunately just a week before my flight to my country i had lost my wallet along with my PR Card. i thought to myself like cant you look up my name on your database thingy. i mean i think it's kind of ridiculous how a small piece of object i carry around which you would only LOOK at is necessary to be with me in person. i already have at least a photocopy of the darn thing (i managed to photocopy it just before i lost it). if the information in the photocopy doesnt match what you have in the database, then send me to jail for fraud. but its an exact copy of the real thing. my picture is there. I WANT TO GO HOME NOW!!! lol
not that i dont like my country. just that i have many urgent business to take care of there. school starts on sept 7. i still have to deal with my unpaid tuition fees. i still have to take an entry level test thingy... i might as well just postpone my school to this january or something. work another 4 months or so. i'm not gonna lie and say this doesnt suck. because it does.

now i have to go to fuckin singapore because my poor-ass country cant provide me of one of my missing documents to APPLY for my travel documents here in my country. and then come back here to submit the actual application with all the missing documents. it will take ANOTHER 3-5 business days afte that. 

first i got my car towed. then lost my wallet. now my flight is delayed for another 2 weeks. its definetely been quite the summer for me.

aug 21

today i went to buy pokemon soul silver for only 30 cents hohoho. well actually i bought the file itself. i cant download from websites anymore now because i think like the game companies are complaining they're losing money or something... meh, not bad. works better than the one i downloaded which kept freezing.
tonight i also went to go play a little indoor soccer with my friend and his co-workers. dang, havent done much exercise since i left for my country.
o did o tell you? a few days i went riding on this service motorcycle thingy where these motorists wait in front of busy places like malls and stuff and they offer you a ride on their motorcycle. apparently this is a very common form of public transportation. i pay only about $2.50 for a 9km ride. not too shabby compared to taxis back in canadia.
these bad boys are fast, agile, and you make the payment agreement BEFORE you get on the bike. you can even bargain. for example 
"how much is it to times square?"
"$4"
"man thats expensive. $2, how about it?
"thats too low! $3."
"nevermind then... *walks away. with hope of him calling you back*"
"alright get on. $2.50 final"
and just like that i'm on my way to wherever in no time. when you consider the unnerving traffic here in my country, a motorist like that is an excellent option knowing he'll be able to fit in between cars. cheaper than a taxi and i can get to my destination faster. not to mention unlike taxis, with these motorists the price is already fixed!
but unfortunately a few days back my calf accidentally touched the burning hot exhaust pipe. nothing serious though. its funny how i suddenly remembered shrek that night because he too has a scar from a similar incident back in the philippines.
talk about shrek, he hasnt been picking up my phone calls, replying my txts, nor replying my facebook messages. dude if you're reading this ANSWER THE FUCKIN PHONE MAN! lol i miss you you jerk.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, Joey

    I'm sorry to hear about your travel problems and all the hassle they must be causing you. I think delaying school until January is probably a good idea if you won't have time to sort everything out properly when you get back.

    Otherwise, it sounds as if you've been having a good time: it's certainly been interesting seeing a very different culture through your eyes.

    Best of luck in getting your paperwork sorted out as quickly and cheaply as possible.

    *hugs*

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey mark. ya man i'll need all the luck i can get haha.

    ReplyDelete