Thursday, May 20, 2010

non-heterosexuality, nature vs nurture


wooo i dont think i've ever written a post this early in the day haha. it's my day off.

anybody have heard of an iphone app called "grindr"? i personally think it's kinda creepy. what if they want to kill you!? i guess this app is mainly for those who are in the closet and--i hate to use this word but--desperate? i would never hook up with a stranger in such a manner... no offense to those who read this and is using grindr but....
i dont even hook up with female strangers. i stick to people who are friends or friends of friends/family. to be honest even though i probably would find some strangers to be attractive and i would want to hook up with them but it might just bite me in the ass at the end. at least with friends or friends of friends/family i can ask my friends/family some info about them.

talk about strangers. i was on the bus the other day and i met this very charming-looking girl. she was pretty but not gorgeous. she would be category 1. i think.
(btw, about my category system. i now literally use that for every single attractive person i see "hmm i think he'd be category 3. too pretty to be category 1. fuck me, she's definetely category 2. just look at those titties.")
anywho, back to the girl on the bus. there's something about her that says she doesn't care too much about what people think but at the same time looks classy. she seemed really down to earth. i couldn't stop looking at her--not staring of course, thats creepy. i dont come across too many girls like her...
then she got off the bus and the rest was history...
:|
damn.

so this past month i havent had any pokemon at all because apparently when i downloaded the game it must've been rigged or something. remember when i said the game kept freezing but i managed to keep on going? well this time around, it just keeps freezing, period. maybe its a sign that i should buy the actual game (and start all over again T_T)

co-worker crush update! yea i'm pretty sure at this point that he'll be the very first person i come out to. kind of ironic eh? but he's a really cool dude. and i'm resigning this july to continue my schooling anyways so it's all good.... or is it? dun dun duunnn...
and i'm starting to kind of like his girlfriend too--actually his mistress since his wife is still back in the philippines. but i definetely would go for him over her. she's a cute girl but she seems kind of awkward at times. if he also liked men, wouldn't it be just horrible for me to secretly chop the both of them at the same. i wonder if i would ever do such a terrible thing in the future, go out with each partner of a couple (of a bisexual guy also) knowing full well that they're actually dating each other... "bad bad bisexual man" confusing shit. lets move on.

so as i was googling some stuff about homosexuality and bisexuality and whatnot, i came across a little "biology" of it. there's a bunch of articles about reasearches over this so if you want you can just google it.
they say the more older brothers the dude has (this excludes female subjects) the more likely he'll be homosexual or bisexual.
and i've been reading a lot of gay blogs and i notice many of them mention they have older brother(s). and i too have one older brother myself. come to think of it, this would make michael jackson really really gay lol. some say it has something to do with the brain development in the mother's womb after every male child is conceived. we're getting closer and closer to proving that non-heterosexuality (in men at least) is more "nature than nurture".
this had got me pretty curious actually because not too people pay attention to this. what do you guys think of this?

i hope to share you guys how my nephew's funeral really went down in my next post. hopefully soon.

thanks for reading guys. good nig--day! and God bless always.

4 comments:

  1. on the nature vs nurture topic, I think that sexual orientation is a complex mix of genetics and environment, and that we will never truly understand it. I do believe a person is born with a particular orientation, but that they grow into discovering it, and that different environments have an effect on its expression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. I tried commenting last night, but it looks like it didn't post.

    I FINALLY got through all of your posts from the beginning. You're a funny guy lol.

    Regarding this post, being a chem major, I'm really into science and I find all of this stuff fascinating. I'd love to write all I have to say, but I'd hate to take up so much space on your blog. I may make a post on this topic at some point in the future on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @maddy: very well put. cudnt have said it better myself.

    @robbie: omg u actually read my whole blog? how did u have the patience to read such boring shit?? funny? ur shitting me. tbh i kinda reread my whole blog too after u commented on this post n i gotta say i tend to sound like a lil kid who cant stop talkin... especially with all those dang double-hyphens--n elipses... (n brackets)...

    btw i've been tellin myself over n over again to write a post today n yesterday n the day before but i'm just way too lazy. since i'll be doing laundry tomoro n my comp in the basement sits right next to the laundry machines i shall hope to write tomoro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that sexual orientation is mostly genetic. In my family gay men are fairly common on my mom's side. But I wonder how many men suppress it and marry rather than be who they really are? Hopefully less as society's attitudes change.

    ReplyDelete