Tuesday, May 4, 2010

she is my best friend


as i was watching my sister's keeper i remember that my 3-year-old nephew was in ICU at that time. my sister was crying all night because the doctor said he wouldn't be able to make it for long now.

i wanted to post this separately from my previous post.

they've been telling us that ever since he was born. actually even before he was born. he's not going to live very long. they actually had suggested her to abort the baby. she is far too strong of a woman to give up that easily.

my nephew was born with no known father. my sister supposedly had been sleeping around with these 2 guys when he was conceived. one of the dudes was contactable. the other went to goodness knows where. the contactable guy was asked by the doctor for a dna test..... and it was negative. it must've been the other guy.

my nephew was born with hydrocephalus. he used to have to stay for about 3 months after he was born. that was how serious it was. physically he looks to be normal (not like on the wiki page). he's not exactly a down syndrome... he's always had some kind of mental disability. he can't even sit up straight even at the age of 3. he's only able to mumble and coo. my brother's daughter who's only a month younger than he is is already able to sing, run around, talk, pretty much everything else a normal 3-year-old can do. it kind of is sad when you compare the two.

so sunday mid-morning yesterday i got a call from my sister telling--no no, crying--to me over the phone that he's left us. she just got done giving him a bath at the hospital and... he just stopped breathing. he's in better hands now. he doesnt have to suffer anymore...

no mother deserves to lose a young child a little less than 2 months after his birthday, just days after her own birthday and a week before mother's day. he died without knowing who his dad even was. and to top it all off she's going to be deported back to her country in less than a month. it's kind of an ironic coincidence that we left our country exactly the same time and now we return to it for the first time after 13 years almost at the same time too. (i leave for my country this july. but fortunately for me it's only for a vacation, for a friend's wedding)

our family's gone through a lot of shit. this is our second death in the family after the death of my other older sister's twin sister when she was only 10 days old. we've gone through divorce, rape, abortion, in and out of jail, death, deportation, etc. to name a few. sometimes we do question Him when this will ever end? and the answer is never. i read somewhere in this kid's blog that instead of worrying about how to get out of the storm, why don't we learn how to just dance in it? there are many cliches just like this one but this one has got to be my favorite.

my sister and i have through so much stuff together than any of our other siblings. even though i didn't have any significant form of relationship with the my nephew, i loved him. how? because i love my sister so dearly it's crazy. she is my best friend.


guys i'm really sorry i had to put up such a dramatic post. i promise the next one will be much more entertaining.

if anybody who knows me is reading this post, this is a dead giveaway of who i am. it's all over our facebook right now anyways. whatever. good night and God bless guys.

3 comments:

  1. Joey, my hear goes out to you and your family. No one should have to go through that. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey

    I'm really sorry to hear this, both about your nephew, and all the other things your family has suffered.

    I hope things start getting better for you all.

    *hugs*

    Mark

    ReplyDelete