Sunday, March 21, 2010

"I'm a disaster in everything else..."


hmm havent posted anything for quite sometime now...

so many things to say, so little time. where did i leave off? high school?

so ya the high school i went to had all these preppy kids wearing their typical preppy clothes. (btw, my school was huge--3,600 students, 4 buildings, 2 cafeterias, and 2 gyms. it was more like a college than a high school haha. hard to believe its a public school) i went from obsessing over ecko unltd to going crazy over burberry, gucci and such. lol now my gayness was starting to show by then. it was probably the start of everybody's suspicions on me. it was actually my sister who introduced to such brands and i started noticing the kids at my school wore them too. i own this burberry polo shirt that eventually got bleach spilled on it by my mom. i also ownED a burberry wallet that i managed to keep for 3 years then "lost" it then my other sister found it and gave it to me on my bday (boy what a bday surprise that was) THEN a week later i lost the bloody thing again--and no it was not found again. burberry hates me.

like i said in my ealier post i had always had a passion for clothes. but because of the stereotype that only gay men would have such a passion (and that everybody else see me as straight) i was in denial of the career choice i was pursuing all throughout high school. in those 4 years i THOUGHT that i wanted to have a high-paying career such as a doctor. kinda funny story... so at the beginning of high school i dont know what posessed me into thinking i could maybe somehow become a neuro surgeon considering that my grades were pretty average. then i thought maybe that involves too much thinking... so in 10th grade i thought oh ok how about i become a plastic surgeon? not as complicated but still ballin right? then 11th grade... "ya not plastic surgeon. a dentist!"... not a chance. FINALLY march of 12th grade somebody suggested me to be a COMMERCIAL PILOT! "brilliant... not as much math involved as dentists but still potential to make the 6-figures." so did i go for that all the way through graduation, you ask? nope. so between march and june i was still hesitating and i thank God for such hesitation or else i would've had to pursue a career which involves being away from home for the majority of the time and depressing over a career i do not enjoy for the next 40 years or so? i say "hell to the motherfucking no."--excuse my language.

so it was summer and i finally confessed to my parents (and then to everybody else) that i'm not gonna be a pilot. i wanted to go into fashion. i'm gonna be honest to you guys and say that even until now i really dont know whether i want to be a fashion designer but i know for sure i wanted to go into the fashion industry, whether it'd be a designer or a modelling agent or a photographer or even a magazine editor (GQ sounds nice hehe). i told my oldest sister (the one who introduced me to the brands) and she was ecstatic. my parents' reaction? so they say that they're proud that i've chosen to go for something i'm truly passionate of BUT a little bird has told me my mom is not 100% satisfied with my choice. oh well. the fact of the matter is she's not the one who will provide me the life i WANT to live. not to be arrogant but she should be somewhat be proud of me considering out of the 4 kids (i'm the youngest) she has i'm the only one who actually will go to college.

"why fashion?" i wasn't (and still isn't haha) the most attractive person. nor am i the smartest person. nor am i the richest person. nor am i the most athletic. it is one of the few ways i am able to express my individuality. it is one of the few things i can be decent doing. in the words of Valentino "I'm a disaster in everything else..."

and that's a little more about me. i'll tell you in the next post of my bizarre sexuality. when i explain it to you you may hate me, you may love me, but it is ME. sorry to have this post so long and boring and dramatic. i really am a guy who loves to poke fun at things and just let loose. so peace out guys and God bless always.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Joey! Great post. Glad u are following what u want to do. Your parents will always be proud of u even if they don't agree with your path. Man that is a huge high school. That was twice size of my college. lol. Look forward to future posts man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joey,
    Nice post! I was kinda the same in highschool just wanted a really high paid job. Much better to do something you're passionate about though.
    Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete